Monday, May 31, 2010
hosted by Ian at The Daily Dose of Reality
1 - Have you or a family member joined the military? I never joined the military but I have several family members that were enlisted. My uncle was in the Air Force, my father was in the Air Force, my brother was in the Navy, my grandfather on my dad's side was in the Army Aircore and my grandfather on my mother's side was in the Army.
2 - Have you or a family member served his/her country in times of war? Both my grandfather's served in WWII.
3 - What's your favorite BBQ food? Pork Ribs! Mmmmm, mmm, mmm! Slow cooked on the grill with lots of BBQ sauce. Served only with my homemade potato salad (family recipe), corn on the cob, garlic bread and Banana cream pie for dessert.
4 - Do you fart in public? Well it's pretty impossible not to, so I just try to keep it quiet.
5 - What's the one question that if it shows up on a Monday Minute, you refuse to take part? Not sure, I haven't participated very many times so I'm not sure what I wouldn't answer.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Sundays are my day to hang out with my family. You can usually find us at church in the morning followed by lunch, naps and then doing something together. Whether it's a movie at the theater, going to the park or hanging out with friends. So I'm glad I'm taking a moment to participate in GTKY with Keely at Mannland5. This weekend we'll be floating down the river on a boat.
1. Have you ever snooped around someone else's house? In the kitchen at most people's houses. Once I'm comfortable enough I will snoop into the fridge and cabinets looking to see what food they have. I'm just nosy like that. But I would never go through anything else in some one's house.
2. Can guys and girls be friends? ( thanks Jen!) I believe so. I had more guy friends growing up than I did girl friends. Guys were easier to talk to for me ( I grew up with 2 brothers) and guys don't backstab ya.
3. Can you curl your tongue? yes I can.
4. Have you ever stolen anything? yes, that includes paperclips, pens and paper from places I have worked at.
5. Would you rather talk on the phone or text? depends on who I am talking to. Some people I prefer to talk to on the phone and then I have friends who like to text more than talk. But I prefer to talk because it's hard to decipher text meaning sometimes.
6. Memorial Day plans? On Sunday, we are renting a boat with my parents and brothers family, riding down the river, bqq'ing, swimming and fishing. On Monday, we're chilling out, hitting some Memorial Day sales and grilling steaks!
7. What do you do to relax? lay on my recliner and read a good book or watch some tv.
8. Do you do anything to honor those that have died fighting for our freedom? I haven't but I was considering going to a parade or memorial service on Monday morning since this is the first time I have not had plans on Memorial Day.
Have a most wonderful weekend!
ad I saw that this Greek yogurt was on sale.
I enjoy eating yogurt and parfaits and I
LOVE me some Greek food so why not?
and the Strawberry. I opened up the strawberry
looked at the consistency of the yogurt and it looked
similar to sour cream. It was thicker than
any other brand I have ever eaten.
I tried it and after the first bite, I decided that
this was NOT the yogurt for me.
It is not as sweet as I would like and I couldn't
get over the fact that it was more like sour cream
I think I'll stick to my granola, strawberry parfaits.
Have you tried a nutritional food or
something new and found out you didn't like it?
Friday, May 28, 2010
I sat next to my laptop last night and fell asleep
without getting my Sneak Peek at the questions.
I even missed watching my free movie from the cable company.
hosting Five Question Friday!
Loved your vlog!
1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?
I want to tandem skydive. I bought my husband a jump for his 30th birthday and he enjoyed the heck out of it. I want to do it one day but just haven't convinced myself that it's safe enough.
2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on?
Some shoes or a new purse. Possibly even get that pedicure I'm needing.
3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child?
I loved the see saw, but it wasn't much fun unless you had a partner.
4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast?
I like a combination of both. I like to eat a bagel with honey nut cream cheese, my coffee and a yogurt during the week. My weekend breakfasts are more hearty with toast, eggs and bacon.
5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy?
Total neat freak!!! I am OCD about my cleaning and tidying up. But I can honestly say that after 2 kids I have gotten more relaxed about the dusting and mopping. I still keep the house very tidy with all toys and mess picked up daily.
smell of hamburgers, hot dogs and bratwurst cooking on the grill. That is what I have planned for my weekend. I hope that most of you will be enjoying the good times this weekend and wearing your flips .
An Island Life. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday
is the day that we take it easy and look
forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays
I would take it easy on posting, too.
Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
My question is:
What is your favorite color and why?
My favorite color is blue because it is a calming and peaceful color. I like wearing blue because it looks good with my skin tone. It was also one of my theme colors used in my wedding.
They invite you to join them every Friday to get more blog followers and to find many interesting blogs that you like.
My goal with Friday Follower is to gain followers who
enjoy what they see and read on my blog.
If you like what you see, please stick around and stay for awhile.
I'll follow you back if you follow me!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
1. When Miss K has a bad day at school I ask her what happened and she refuses to tell me. This week she finally stopped clamming up and told me what she did wrong. For the time being I will bask in the sunshine knowing that my daughter opened up to me.
2. This weekend for Memorial Day my family, my parents, my oldest brother and his family are renting a boat and floating down the river. We've planned a full day of BBQ'ing, swimming, fishing and enjoying the day!
3. Last weekend my husband worked a side job for his boss and earned some extra money. He was planning to use it to buy me a new camera but now we are buying Little E a new big boy bed! I am so grateful to have a hardworking husband!
4. I got my hair cut and highlighted last night for the summer!
5. The image I picked from iStock photo was edited by my friend and has been sent on to The Frilly Coconut who is redesigning my layout and blog page! One step closer.
the Thursday 5?
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
For this week's writer's workshop, I chose prompt #5 What's so good about it? Write an interesting poem or piece of writing where the last two words of the writing are 'good-bye' (inspired by writingfix.com)
It was a secret that she dared to share with no one. She had no idea what she was going to do. She didn't dare tell another person for fear of repercussion. She removed the thoughts from her head and continued on with life as she knew it before it happened.
Then it became harder to deal with. She was physically sweating and sick most of the time and mentally sweating through the predicament she was in. Trying to hide her sickness was the easy part but hiding herself wasn't. Time was starting to wear out.
She was mentally separating herself from what she was dealing with. She pushed the thoughts from her head when she tried to reason about it. The days continued on and her thoughts began to change when she felt the flutters.
How would she deal with this alone? She couldn't tell anyone. They would be mad. They wouldn't understand. Where would she go? What was she thinking? Was she thinking?
Trying to cover it up everyday was getting harder. Her face was starting to look swollen. Her mother questioned her about her appearance. She made up lies about it. There was nothing wrong with her. She would still not tell her secret under any circumstances.
Then on Halloween weekend she went out with her boyfriend, her brother and his wife. She didn't feel well and was in a lot of pain. The pain continued through the next day and it was unbearable. She felt like her insides were coming out. What was happening? This went on for several hours and her mother was bombarding her with questions. She finally told her mom that she was pregnant.
Without another word her mother loaded her into the car and drove her to the emergency room. It was a silent car ride except for the whimpers and moans due to the pain. She couldn't take the pain sitting in the waiting room.
The nurses led her to an exam room. She had never dealt with such pain and screamed her lungs out. They gave her no medication to ease the pain and it was unbearable compared to what she went through hours before. The nurses called out for a cart and neo natal tray. The baby was coming and it was a blur. An hour after entering the exam room she delivered a 1lb baby boy. He was lifeless and her mother decided it was best that she not see him. He was about 6 months gestational according to his size and he had been lifeless for several days.
After the birth was over a preacher visited her room. She kept her eyes closed and faked being asleep from the pain. She heard her mother say to the preacher " it was a blessing in disguise". She was right about not telling anyone. They would have never understood.
She left the hospital alone in her mind. She left the hospital empty. She left her son there without seeing his face or body. She said