Our daughter is my social butterfly. She's quite the talker if you're willing to listen. I can't blame her because it runs in the family. She's just taking after her mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She's a diva when it comes to her clothes and jewelry and can't resist sparkles and jewels. But she is not afraid to get dirty either when it comes to catching frogs and lizards. She's got a soft spot for any animal and wants to bring home any stray she can find
Our son is such a little ham. He stole my heart the day he was born and hasn't given it back. He is easy going, tender hearted and quite the thinker. He loves to try and "help" you, whether it's dusting, doing the laundry or changing batteries in one of the toys. He loves trucks, cars, buses, airplanes, trains, pretty much anything that moves and has an engine. He'll stop whatever he's doing if he sees anyone of them and show me.
If not I really hope you check it out this Friday! Because you know what?? I am one of the hostesses this FRIDAY!! Yippee! Can you believe it? So if you haven't joined the follow and participated. You should. Hopefully I will also have my new blog design in place for this Friday! I can hardly contain myself!
1. Has anyone you've known personally lived to at least 100? no one that I personally know has lived that long. I know a few people in their ninety's so maybe one day. 2. What material possession do you value the most? my iPhone. I LOVE my cell phone naturally but I really, really love my iPhone. It does so much and I would be lost without it. It's my camera when I leave mine at home, it's a voice recorder when I want to send a message to my kids, it also is my babysitter while in the restaurant when I need a quick game for the kids. It's versatile, I wouldn't leave home without it. 3. What do you think happens to us after we die? That our soul leaves our earthly body and we make our way to meet our maker. We do not immediately go to heaven or hell until we are judged. After we are held accountable for our actions on earth we will we be sent to our eternal place. This is my summary of how it will be, in no way am I saying I know the answers, so please no criticism. 4. Most embarrassing item in your house? My carpets. I have dogs, enough said. No, it is not stained because I own a carpet cleaner but the builders grade carpet has not held up at all and has needed replacement two years after I bought the house.and finally...
5. If you could rename yourself, what would your name be? I like the name Danielle. It's a strong and powerful name.The meaning is "God is my Judge" and is so fitting for me.
I am soo glad that it's Friday! No that life gets any different but tomorrow my husband is off and he will be home with us! Yay! I love the weekends to see my husband for more than the half hour in the am and the few sleepy ones in the evenings when we try to watch a movie or something together.
1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument? nope.
2. What is your pet peeve while driving? people who don't use blinkers! I am not a mind reader and I have no idea why you are applying your brakes, you could be just trying to avoid hitting a squirrel or maybe, juts maybe you're making a right hand turn and you should have used your blinker!!!
3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services? housekeeper by all means! I like to clean my house because it gives me self gratification BUT I have been cleaning house since I was 13. I cleaned my parents house top to bottom every Saturday and I have cleaned my house every Monday since I was married 9 years ago and I need a break. My mother has a cleaning lady and I'm jealous. But a housekeeper is even more than a cleaner, she cooks, shops, organizes and dusts. Oh my! I am getting all excited just thinking about it!
4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance? Let's see Heaven is A Place on Earth, from my brother's wedding, I heard this over and over again while my mother and I recorded his wedding on VHS tape after VHS tape after VHS tape. Blessid Union of Souls' I Believe brings back most of high school.
Oh my gosh! And Pearl Jam's Black. After my junior year when I got my first car I used to listen to Pearl Jam ALLLLL the time. And when I met my now husband in my senior year I used to listen to Pearl Jam a lot.
5. What song best represents your life right now? Casting Crowns Praise You in This Storm because I am still stumbling along as a Christian and I am trying to find my way through this fallen world to be the person that God wants me to be.
This has been a fulfilling one this week. I have done like 4 posts..So unlike me.
Anywho..It's time for a little Thursday Five action..
To play..Just post 5 things that have made you..
and then link back up with Keely at Mannland5.
1. I took the kids to the mall on Monday and went to buy Miss K some new earrings that weren't hoops. I saw the earrings that I broke of mine in the display case but they were more than I wanted to spend. The saleslady gave me $25 off them! I was super stoked to get a great deal!
2. I was happy to enjoy a bargain movie with the kids at the theater Wednesday morning, even though they had already seen it on DVD. But quality time is worth even seeing a DVD movie on the big screen.
3. I was delighted to run into the Schwan's man on mny way home the other night. I agree that a lot of their product is over priced but I buy items that I cannot find in any local store. We indulged in some of the premade stuffed shells that I bought. Wow! They were worth the money so I don't have to boil, stuff and bake them myself.
4. I got my first Booksneeze book, Sarah's Garden, in the mail the other day. I have already started reading it and I'm 33 pages in. It's awesome!
5. I'm taking the kids to see Toy Story 3 with the hubby and some friends of ours. I've been warned that I'm going to cry, but looking forward to another great movie with popcorn and the kids.
1 Whole Fryer Chicken 2- 2 1/2 lbs 1 can Cream Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz 1 can Chicken Broth 14.5 oz 1/4 cup chopped red onion 1/2 tsp Dried Basil 1/4 tsp Celery Salt 2 Cloves Minced Garlic Dash of Salt
Directions: Wash chicken, remove package of heart, gizzard, liver. ( I threw mine out) Lay chicken breast up in crock pot. Mix broth, soup in separate bowl and pour over chicken. Add previously chopped onion, spices and minced garlic and cover. Cook on Low setting for 7-8 hours. Remove chicken on platter to cool for cutting. It is pretty tender and should fall apart without even needing a knife.
Serve with hot buttered noodles or rice( I prefer brown) and steamed fresh green beans and dinner rolls.
It's Free Therapy Day!! That's right, it's Thursday, which means it's the Thank You Very Much day. The way it works is that you take out all your frustrations on people/things that peeved you off during the week and thank them in a very sarcastic way, for being who or what they are/doing what they did. This Thursday I am linking up with Kmama at The Daily Dribbleswith Thank You Very Much!
-Thank you very much for the small popcorn that came with my $3.00 admission at the movie theater because it was only a tease. It sparked me to go buy a $5.75 medium sized bag that I loaded with TONS of butter and DID not need.
-Thank you to the neighbor child who gave the kids popsicles because it was hot outside, but whatever brand they are they SUCK! The blue die dyed Little E's arms for hours. Thank you!
-To the associate pastor at our church for giving a *snoring* sermon on Sunday. I couldn't stick with it and actually found myself playing with my phone in church, THANK you very much!
-Thank you very much HONDA for not allowing me to be able to leave the car running and take the toggle and lock the doors so I can run in the house. My FORD allowed me to do it but you are too kid safe. It's all good though, I love the van anyways.
-To the lighting that decided to strike the cable company's main station knocking out my cable, internet and phone Saturday night while the hubs was out fishing. Which left me with my two kiddos and a sleepover child without tv and me no internet ALL evening. Thank you very much!
-To the idiot who FINALLY came and grated the road after 3, three!! calls to Road and Bridge, you did a horrible job and I still have a 12 inch ditch to drive through to get out of my driveway! Thank you very much! I will be calling again tomorrow to start complaining again. I will get my $200 worth out of you guys this year. Since every house out here pays that fee so you're all overpaid! Thank YOU veryy much!
It's hilarious how the saying has been "oh it's the terrible two's" umm sure. That is not entirely true, at least not in my household. The only part of that phrase that could be true would be if your child is halfway through his 2nd year. Because as they closer approach age 3, the terribles start. Little E my sweet, tender hearted handsome little boy is turning into a screaming, fit throwing, rebellious stink face. I am not liking this new change in attitude and it escapes during lunch and dinner time. He has decided that he no longer likes his favorite foods. The tears are flowing from both myself and the little guy but I am not giving up on trying to rein in on the bad attitude and hoping to keep my sanity at the same time. He tries his charm on me with his sweet smile and doe eyes but I'm not breaking down. My heart might be melting but my momma evil eyes tell a different story to him.
So I'm hoping once we enter the 3's after his birthday next month that we'll sail through the toughness and get my sweet boy back. I am sure that the terrible's can be partly my fault since he is the baby and when he asks me to pick up his 35 lbs I oblige. I cannot resist his sweet words "you carry me", "you carry me mommy" Who could resist? So it's hard to be firm about the eating when I give in at other times. I'm a softy for my little man and his requests. He's momma's boy.
If you need more info about Pour Your Heart Out, see THIS post.
But, really, it's anything that YOU consider pouring your heart out.
Please grab the button for your post and link up!
Be sure to check out some of the links- you will find some amazing stories out there.
Again, just a brief reminder that everyone linking is pouring their hearts out and we should all be respectful in our comments. ;)
I really want to have another child. Before we got married my husband and I discussed children. We had talked about how many and names. He knew I wanted four and he thought one was enough. We compromised after having Miss Kay and decided to add to the family and we had Little E. And as I've said before, people think that once you have one of each you should be done. You should be happy. I am happy because I know there are many other women out there that cannot have babies and I can understand their heartache. Seriously, I can. Because I have that heart ache because I don't feel that I'm finished. I try to put the thoughts out of my head but they are still lurking there. I think maybe if I involve myself more into the kids that the ache will go away. I've been told that if I had the 3rd child that the kids would not be as spoiled and I wouldn't be able to buy them the cute clothes and have 10 pairs of shoes for each of them and be able to take all the trips like I like to. But really? Is that what it's all about? No. I know that adding another blessing will not rob the joy from my other two children. I don;t want to rob the joy from myself and I know that my empty ache will be full. I pray to God to send me the answers. I have asked my husband and he is skeptical but no against it. He is scared but who isn't even when trying for the first baby. It's unknown territory. I know with God on my side and love in my heart that we will survive it and another child in the house will bring tears, heartache, joy, laughter, fun and chaos. If he wants for it to be my will then it will be done. It's all I can expect. He will send me the answers and whatever they may be I will be humbled.
Welcome to Not Me! Monday a blog carnival created byMcKMama. You can head over to her blog and read what she and everyone else has not been doing this week after you read mine.
It's been several weeks since I have done a Not Me! and I need to get a few of my Mommy Fail moments off my chest. We all have them and I'm admitting or not to some of them from the first week of summer vacation.
I did not feed my kids a dinner of McDonald's at the car dealership on Friday night in the lounge while my husband and I purchased our new van. Nope, not me!I did alsodid not let my kids run down the hallway adjacent to the finance manager's office screaming, squealing and barefoot. I would never allow my kids to act so wildly in public in hopes that it might make the guy move a little faster. Nope, Not me!
I did notfail all week on keeping Little E on his regularly scheduled nap time and settle for any nap when ever he took one. I did not try to wear him down running in the splash pad and then decide we should run into a store after he passed out in the car. Nope, not me. I would neverinterrupt my child's nap for a quick errand.
I did not decide that while my husband was going to be night fishing that it would be great to have my 5 year old niece over for a sleepover. I did not actually follow through with my threats of separating the girls when it was midnight and they were still giggling and talking in bed. After all why would I have a sleep over on a Saturday night, knowing that we have church the next day. I would neverplan a sleepover knowing that. Not me!
I did notbribe the girls with strawberry shortcake in hopes that they would finish their dinner in reasonable time and then remember after they have gone to bed that they didn't get their treat. I would never make a deal and not follow through with it. I am a better mom than that!
I did not give in and let Little E climb into bed with my husband and I at midnight last week. I would never co sleep with the kids because I love being smooshed, squished, elbowed in the eye, poked and smacked all evening while trying to sleep. I always march my children back to their beds because they need to learn that they have their own bed to sprawl out in. I would never give in because I just didn't have the energy or willpower to fight my child. Nope NOT Me!!
I did not text my husband and ask him when he'd be home from having lunch with his dad on Saturday. I also did not ask him if he could get home so I could take a nap before he left for his fishing trip so I could survive the late night with the girls. I would never ask him to cut his time short so I could benefit from a nap. No way! Not Me! I did not get my punishment from this nap in the form of all three children eating an entire can of cheddar pringles in the living room which forced me to vacuum chip pieces from the carpet and wiping down the glass on the coffee table. Nope, not me!
This weeks' edition of Getting to Know YOU err...me also falls on Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!
1. While at the beach, pool, etc..Do you cover up your assets or show them off? I show them off. Especially more now because I have been working out at the gym and I am showing off my mom sexy body. 2. Road trips or Plane trips? I like both, but I have taken more road trips and you interact more in the car than on the airplane. I hate the feeling of having to contain my kids for the sake of others on the airplane. KIDS ARE KIDS. 3. I can't stand it when...? my husband takes his towel and wipes the bathroom mirror of fog. It leaves tiny fibers on the glass and it drives me crazy! I have to get the windex and clean it. 4. Have you ever gone topless at the beach? Nope. I have never been to a nude beach. 5. How many blog carnivals do you do a week? Usually 4-5. Monday-Friday. It keeps me on my toes. 6. My favorite thing about the weekend is...? Spending quality time with the kids and my husband is there. And lazy Sunday afternoons after church. 7. Pancakes or waffles? Who can choose...I say both. Homemade pancakes only and waffles that you get from a waffle maker. 8. Water Park or Amusement Park? Ack! Water Park in the Summer and Amusement Park in the winter. Living in Florida, unless you're a tourist you don't brave the heat to see Mickey Mouse.