Thursday, November 20, 2008

God's Gifts

Yesterday I took Evan to the pediatrician for his flu shot. The nurse had me hold him in my lap and cross his arms in front of him. She tells Evan " here we go". I prepare myself in that second for what might be a little bit of tears. Not a peep. He didn't cry or jump at the pinch of the needle. She was amazed. "Wow", she commented on his bravery. I wasn't shocked.
On my way to back to work after dropping Evan off at daycare, I told my hubby about the doctor visit and how well Evan did. He said "awesome, gotta love his courage". I had never thought about it being courage.
Kelly on the other hand would have had to been restrained with a heavy handed nurse and myself. I figured it wasn't worth taking her to get the shot this time. She had asked me where Evan was going and I told her. She wanted to go with us but I told her if she came that she would get a shot too. She wasn't having anything to do with that. She actually starting crying about it. Worrying that I might make her get the needle.
It's funny how two kids from the same parents are VERY different when it comes to personalites. Evan is Mr. Calm, Cool and Collected, whereas Kelly is Miss Drama Queen. The DRAMA. One silly word that is the not the highlight of my day. Kids. That sums it up.

0 comments: