Monday, January 17, 2011

Meeting a Blogger in Real Life

Do you ever look forward to meeting some one for the first time and then after wards you feel like, "why didn't I say this or that?!" I am not really a shy person but for some reason I turned speech less.
This weekend I got the opportunity to take my family to Tampa, FL for a photo shoot with Jennifer McKinney aka McKMama. I was excited to be able to line up a shoot because I found out she was coming to Florida the previous Sunday.
We arrived in Tampa, Ybor City and hour and 45 minutes early on Saturday and I checked Twitter to see if she had changed locations. She was on a lunch break after taking a full morning of shoots. I texted Jennifer to tell her I was there and it was as if we were real friends. We had some silly banter about where she was sitting and locating what vehicle I was driving. I really felt at ease about meeting one of my favorite bloggers and having her take photos of my children.

But after we met and she introduced herself to the kids I really didn't want to get in her way. For me, our time was on a professional level and she was working. We chatted a few times, once about my booking being lucky right before she came to Florida and about how my hubby didn't want photos taken of him. ( We got him to do a few.) But I really wish I hadn't been so tongue tied.
I think I was like in a dream. I know it's corny, but when you actually get to meet a blog writer that you have been reading for quite some time it's surreal. It's like, "wow they actually exist and they are a real person." It's funny how you read about some one's life and you feel as if you know them on a personal level. I really wanted to give Jennifer a hug at the end of my shoot, but I wasn't sure how she would take that. I'm such a worrier.

I was so excited to see her little baby Lachlan and meet her sister, Hillary at the end of our shoot. Her children are so adorable and seeing her newest addition in person gave me that "awwww" moment. I wish the little guy hadn't been so fussy, but he was hungry for his mama. I would have loved to give him a snuggle.

After leaving Tampa and getting back on the interstate to drive the two hour trip home, I had those "why didn't I do this, or say that" moments. I hate that. I wish I hadn't been so speech less.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's great that you got in on her photo shoot! She takes the best photos. They used to live really close to us, but now they're a little farther away.

I am the worlds worst "small talker". If someone is more outgoing I have an easier time talking, but if not then ~whoa~. I'm just shy, but sometimes it comes off as ~snooty~ or something, which I really don't like. I'm trying to get better, but it's really hard to overcome.

We 2 Bees said...

How cool that you got a photo shoot! That is awesome, can't wait to see some of the pictures! I understand being tongue tied, I'm that way ALL the time. I am not that outgoing unless I'm in a comfortable situations. I'm sure you did better than you think you did!

Shannon said...

Hi! My e-mail is shannon@zanswanson.com :)