Friday, January 7, 2011

5QF: 01/07/11

Getting back into the regular routine, or at least trying to I'm feeling like a fresh start on the new year would be to participate in Mama M's 5QF! I have been slacking in the posting department and I've got a whole lotta ideas for posts, but I have to find the time to write them. So getting my feet wet, so to speak, I'm stepping out on Friday! I LOVE FRIDAYS!




1. What is your current favorite book, and why? Simplicity's Simply The Best Sewing Book. I just got this book for Christmas, along with a brand new sewing machine! I have been reading it and can't wait to get to the chapters that get me started on sewing. I attempted to sew some pillows before the holidays and was using a Sewing Genie. What a joke! Now that I'm going to be well read on sewing, I can't wait to finish my pillows and attempt to make my very own apron for the kitchen. Wish me luck!



2. Do you go to the dentist regularly? I actually just started going regularly last year. I went for my first cleaning in almost 15 years. Yep, sad. I went because I was having trouble with a wisdom tooth that needs to be removed and they found a few cavities. So I've been going regularly now.

3. What is your worst memory from High School? I told a deep dark secret (it is now) to a "friend" ad she told other people, one of them being my older brother. He was a senior and I was a freshman at the time. It was pretty humiliating to hear him complain to my mother about it but it was much worse to hear about people gossiping about your secret. Sadly, this secret haunted me all four years of high school. One reason I couldn't wait to graduate.

4. What do you hope to be remembered for in your life? First of all, I hope to be remembered. It's like having a birthday party and no one attending. I know that my family would be there and I know that those are the people that matter most. I want my children to be able to say, she was an amazing, loving mom. That their mother was the inspiration in their lives and was their cheerleader, coach, ring leader and friend. I want them to have the courage to go on when I have left this earth and the good qualities I have taught them to reflect from them.

5. Are you superstitious or do you have any superstitions? Both. I have never broken a mirror for fear of bad luck. Walking under a ladder doesn't creep me out but a black cat crossing my path! Yikes! I've had black cats run out in front of my car going down the road and it freaks me out! Spilled salt on a table? Oh yeah! I definitely make sure I throw some over my back. You can never be too careful. My husband laughs at me when I do that. I've done it in a restaurant and he laughs at me. I gotta watch my back.

Well folks, that's it for Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Danielle @ We Have It All said...

Just droppin' in to say hi :) Loved reading your answers!

I have some giveaways going on if you're interested. They are ending tomorrow & I am trying to boost the entries!! We Don't Have It All Together They are all listed at the top of my page.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/five-question-friday.html