Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Fragments #194




Mommy's Idea

I've been MIA for too long. I have half attempted all week to write a post but just haven't done it. I hate being a slacker.

Today, in less than twenty four hours, I will be sending off my husband with our church team to Haiti. I'm nervous and struggling with many emotions with this. I am asking God for strength, perseverance,  patience and faith to make it through the next six days. I will really begin to appreciate the same things my husband does around here.

It's hard to believe that next month, I will be signing Little E up for Kindergarten for this fall. The thought came to me this morning when I remembered I needed to go to Miss K's school to pick up a variance form that is pre authorized by her school and bring it to the school we are zoned for.

Miss K survived FCAT's this week. The poor little girl was so stressed out by it that she was having a hard time staying focused in class last week and the beginning of this week, once the test was over. She has been extremely emotional and I have been trying my best to handle her with "kid gloves". I will admit, it has been VERY hard to stay composed after the many weeping episodes this week. So glad it's Friday and they are having a fun day today at school.

A woman I go to church with, who is also in my small group after church mailed my family a card following the death of my Aunt. It brought joy and tears to me. I want to share part of the poem on it,

And think of her as living
in the hearts of those she touched
for nothing loved is ever lost-
and she was loved so much.

It's little loving gestures like a simple card that can speak volumes. 


I can't wait to feel "normal" again. Thanks to Little E I have been battling a head cold since Sunday. I am sooo tired of blowing my nose. I have also realized that there is a DEFINITE difference in tissue brand and style. Let me say, not any tissue is good. Maybe for the occasional blowing of the nose, but not repeated blowing of the nose. Neosporin is my nose's new BF. 

 


15 comments:

Tami Miller said...

I found tissues that have a cooling effect and they are SO soft!  Feel better!

Jeanie said...

I hate that school testing puts so much stress on even young kids.
I hope the week with your husband gone goes well and fast for you.

Wayne Smith said...

May your husband have a safe and productive journey.  There is a lot of people there that need our help.

Queen Bee said...

You can do it! I hope he has a wonderful trip and that he is used by God is incredible ways.  Testing is awful and so stressful, I hate it! Feel better and sorry you got a cold. My allergies have been acting up so I've been using the tissues too! Uck. 

lisleman said...

I like the thought in that card.  Signing up for Kindergarten isn't as emotional as that first day.  all the best

viridian61 said...

Yes that first day of Kindergarten will be something!  I use puff plus and agree that tissue brad does make a difference.

Diane@BeStillAMinute said...

Very true about little gestures like sending a card can mean so very much to someone going through a difficult time.  I kept getting them for weeks when my husband died and every single one of them was like a hug from heaven.  I kept every single one.  

Hope your husband has a safe trip.  He is sure to be blessed by it.  

First day of kindergarten brought me to tears both times but I think the second time (with my baby) was the worst.  Because I knew my "baby" days were over.  

Keetha Broyles said...

Hubby and I spent three months with two of our children (when they were small) in Haiti.  It was a WONDERFUL experience.

I know the political and EQ situation in Haiti is different now than when we were there - - - but God is still the same.  He will care for your hubby and get ready for the way he will be changed when he comes home!

CrazyKindofMom said...

Thank you. I agree, the pressure they put on these kids with testing is over the top.:(
Thank you, I hope this week goes fast.

CrazyKindofMom said...

I am doing my best to handle this week. As I'm sure you know about Grandma now. :( It is going to be a LONG week.

CrazyKindofMom said...

Thank you. I haven;t even begun to think about the first day!

CrazyKindofMom said...

So funny how most agree on the tissues!! :)

CrazyKindofMom said...

I like how you put that the cards are like hugs from heaven. I really seems that way. I will save mine too.
Thank you, so far he has arrived safely. That is a relief. I worry more about the plane trips more than the actual stay in another country.
Kindergarten. Wow. Time sure does fly. I can't believe we're almost there.

CrazyKindofMom said...

Thank you for your encouraging words. It's nice to hear from a neutral source that it will be life changing for him. I hope that he is humbled. :)

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Best wishes to your hubs on his trip to Haiti. I bet you all will be blessed for the sacrifices you are making to help others!