Saturday, December 12, 2009

Photographs in my mind

Have you ever thought, " I wish I had my camera with me"? The thought might have crossed your mind on a routine outing and your kids did something silly. You wished you had it right then and you maybe even attempted a shot with your cell phone. I had the same thought this morning. But the only difference was that I wish I had slept with it. Crazy, I know.
I woke up late this morning, as I do every Saturday. I lay there debating if I should get up then or wait for the alarm to go off again after me hitting the snooze button. Then I heard my sweet little boy's voice. I looked up and expected him to be standing in my doorway but he wasn't there. I sat upright in my bed and could see the family room illuminated by colorful lighting. I quietly slipped out of bed and walked to the doorway of my room. There I could see that the Christmas tree was lit up and there on the floor was Little E. He was laying on his stomach, one arm around the cat and they were admiring the tree. It was a moment that I wish I could capture.
The thought crossed my mind about trying to get the camera and take his picture. But I knew if I attempted to do it, he would notice that I was up and it would be over. I quietly got back into my bed and told hubby about it. He got up and looked out the room at our son. It's one of those quiet, tender moments that you will never forget. Even if I couldn't take a picture, it will forever be in my mind.

0 comments: