Friday, December 4, 2009

Girls Night Out

This past Wednesday I went out with some friends with high school. The girl Ti (as I will call her) who invited me to go was in town for a week. She and her boyfriend live in New Jersey now. My other friend Ji whom I keep in contact with on Facebook was there with a few of her friends. The plan was to go to see New Moon followed by dinner at Carlos and Charlies. I was apprehensive about going because I had no idea who else was going and I don't like to leave my comfort zone. If I know you and we're in the same room I'm energetic and bubbly. If I don't know you, I'm shy and keep to myself.
I was running late, or at least I thought I was, to the movie. I had missed the exit of the interstate and called Ji to let her know what happened. She knew the area well enough to give me directions through town if I got off at the next exit. She said she would save me a seat in the theater. I got worried about that, only because I wasn't sure where the seat would be. I figured that I'd be stuck on an end some where next to ome one I didn't know.
I made it to the movie with 5 minutes to spare, even after grabbing a small popcorn and a Sprite. To my surprise, my friend Ji had saved me a seat right next to her. I was relieved and happy.
The movie was awesome! If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. I was an Edward fan after the first movie, but now I have switched to the other side. Anyways, I've gotten off track. It happen easily for me. Random thoughts all over the place.
After the movie was over we headed over to the restaurant. If you've ever been to Carlos and Charlies on a weekend, getting in the door is not an easy task. It's crazy crowded and you can't move with the amount of people in there. On a weekday, in the middle of the week. We were like the only ones there! Talk about preferred service! I have never been there for dinner, let me say their food is AMAZING!! They serve some really authentic mexican food. I highly reccomend the guacamole. It is fresh made.
There I go again, randomnness.
Hanging out with the ladies was exactly what I needed. We all went to high school together so sitting around laughing, reminiscing, having a drink and dinner was so fun! I didn't run in the same circle as any of the other ladies except Ji. So getting to know them now that we're older was fun. She and I were friends in school and still have kept in touch for the past 15 years after graduating. I am so looking forward to hanging out with some fun friends again. Just catching up, laughing, being us.

1 comments:

We 2 Bees said...

You and I are so much a like it's funny! I miss you so much! I'm totally Team Jacob now too! I still like Edward though and it's ok that he wins! :-) Sounds like you had a blast - it's so nice to have girlfriend time, it's something that is needed! Glad you got to see the movie and had a nice time out!