Friday, February 26, 2010

Yes, My Lord

I thought long and hard about this post. I prayed about it. I'm praying about it now. I hope that it doesn't get misread. Last night I thought God spoke to me. The more I think about it and relive what was said, it was the Holy Spirit.
My husband and I had gone to bed but I wasn't tired yet. I wanted to read something inspiring before I closed my eyes so I grabbed A Cup of Comfort for Women by Colleen Sell. I flipped to the back and read the excerpt titled "Laura: Moving Friends Forever". The point of the short story really isn't the point of this so I won't go into detail. Hubby had been snoring during my reading and after I turned out the light. I nudged him in the side as I always do. Then I said "honey, you're snoring again".
Then a voice. "Oh come on, would you just stop." I was like what? Was that my conscience? No. That was a voice but I thought I heard it in the room. But in that moment I knew I had heard some one speaking to me. In my mind. I thought about what they said to me and decided that I would let my tired husband be. Snoring and all.
So when I finally start listening to the Holy Spirit speak to me and I get a scolding for picking at my husband.


All of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another: for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Photobucket

1 comments:

We 2 Bees said...

I'm glad you decided to share it! I think that God wants us to "hear" his voice and He uses any time He can to get our attention. I've totally heard God speak to me before - it's not all the time, but when He does I always listen! The Holy Spirit is incredible! And I am in awe of the incredible ways God moves in our life. So. Keep listens. And keep sharing the incredible things God does in your life!