Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Fragments #179





Mommy's Idea

Little E decided that the scar on his chin wasn't enough,  he fell off my stool that I sit on at work. It has metal rungs on the bottom, his shoes were wet and he lost his grip while climbing to sit on it. His chin smacked the counter top and then he slid down the front of the rough formica edge scratching his neck. It was the largest strawberry scratch I have ever seen, that was even bleeding a little. I'm thankful that it wasn't much worse. It would have been a bad ending to the Christmas Break.

I still have my Christmas tree up. This week I found some time to move most of the gifts that the kids have been storing under it still. They must think it's going to be there until this Christmas. I'm sure the cat would like it if I left it up, he's been using it as a hiding place from the dog.



My husband found himself a new vehicle after his car accident. Our insurance company decided that his car was a total loss. Thankfully they valued it enough to pay off the lien plus enough for a down payment on another vehicle. He told me the other night that he actually likes his Element better than he liked his Civic. And he LOVED his Civic. I am not exaggerating.

Photobucket




I've been waiting for days, weeks, months....well maybe... for my favorite television shows to come back on and this is the week they have all started back on. Oh how I have missed Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. I have been filling my lonely tv time with Investigation Discovery channel and Discovery Channel. Not like those channels are bad, but I have seen like everything on them. now .

I failed as a plant owner this year. I blame it on the fact that I did not get any early November cold nights that dipped into the 50's or so to warn me. To prepare me for frigid, col, VERY cold weather that decided to dip into oh, lets say 24 degrees. Now my lawn sucks...my plants are burnt, droopy and dead.



I love when I take cues from other people and it works out. I saw one of Little E's teachers eating sushi for lunch today and thought oh that looks so yummy. Then on my way home from work the kids asked what we were having for dinner and I thought for a moment and heard something about sushi on the radio. oh that sounds so yummy. After turning my van around and heading to the supermarket, I saw on my husband's cousin's facebook page that he enjoyed some sushi tonight. Oh yeah that is going to be so yummy. And it was.

Photobucket












22 comments:

treinke said...

Glad you got enough from the settlement to pay off the car and make a down payment. 

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Love his new car!!! 
FRIDAY'S
FRAGMENTS time two

Profwaynewsmith said...

Congrats on the new wheels...not the way you want to get them but at least it worked out.

Sara said...

Oh ouch!! Just reading about your son's fall had me cringing! I drove an Element before purchasing my new car and loved it, too. The door thing was my only issue. Happy Friday Fragments!

Queen Bee said...

Ouchy! His fall sounds painful!  And I love, love, love the new car and that he love it too!
Sushi - oh how I miss thee.  I have been staying clear for the time being but it is yummy and I always seem to eat too much!

Kristen said...

Yum! You had me at sushi and guess what?! I just yelled across the room to the hubs and that is what we are having tonight for dinner now. Thanks for helping me with my meal planning ;-)

crazykindofmom said...

Glad to help! Enjoy it! And if you ever need to make some spicy mayo, just let me know! I found a recipe for it and it's S P I C Y!

crazykindofmom said...

Thankfully, it was mostly skin burn and it cleared up pretty quickly. Is Sushi bad on your new way of eating? And BTW~ you look fabulous in the Christmas photo!

crazykindofmom said...

I agree on the door thing. It is pretty annoying. Glad it's the hubs' car, he doesn't have to worry about toting the kids all over, so no biggie for him.

crazykindofmom said...

Thanks!

crazykindofmom said...

Thank you!

crazykindofmom said...

Me too. I was pretty worried, but even if we had broke even, it would have been okay. Thanks for stopping in!

Jenny said...

Wait... is this late to be taking down a Christmas tree?? :o/ And don't feel bad about the plants... mine always look like that.

Karen and Gerard said...

I'm glad PARENTHOOD,  THE BIGGEST LOSER and MY CAT FROM HELL are back again.

Keetha Broyles said...

I intentionally have ALL my Christmas decor up still - - - I'm waiting until AFTER Monday and the last College Football Bowl game to call my holiday over.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

A scar under the chin is a rite of passage in Little Boyhood!

Congrats on the new car.  I'm sorry about what Hubby had to go through to get it, but congrats anyway!

My tree needs to come down today.  I tree to leave it up through January 6th.

Tracie said...

It's always a good time for sushi. I love it! 

I can sympathize about the plants. I had to give up on those years ago. I just don't have a green thumb. 

crazykindofmom said...

It's not too late, I guess. I did wait until the second week of December to finally have all my decorations up.

crazykindofmom said...

:0) Yay for Parenthood!

crazykindofmom said...

There's no reason to break tradition. ;0)

crazykindofmom said...

Thanks girl, about the car. It was a sad way of switching, but glad it has worked out.
 I always have good intentions of getting my tree up early so it can come down early, but it never happens.

crazykindofmom said...

I do not have a green thumb either. I haven't given up, just yet.

Is it Sushi time yet? ;0)