Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Fragments #181 and Five Question Friday:





Mommy's Idea

 After last weeks fragment post about my laundry, I used the tip from Ann in the Up about throwing in two loads of laundry a day every morning. Now I didn't get the loads in every morning, but I did three on Monday, one on Tuesday, two on Wednesday (thanks to a doggie having a potty accident) and one on Thursday. The laundry mountain never appeared. It was much easier doing one at a time.

 I don't know if I ever mentioned getting a dog back in October that started out as a foster. We fell in love the first day and adopted her. I felt bad for closing the door on fostering dogs for the rescue group so I told them I would open my door to another dog. Well we got another foster last Saturday and boy, having three dogs is a lot of work. Especially this one that came to us. The poor thing has been in several foster homes and needs to relearn basic doggy manners. In a weeks time he has done quite well. I'm impressed. The person that ends up adopting him will get a well mannered, sweet tempered dog.

 The one day that I didn't walk Miss K to class (I have walked her every day this year), I miss out on finding out that there is an awards ceremony for 3rd grade. Sitting at work, I get a text. K received the citizenship award. I couldn't believe it! I missed seeing her get this award!! I was SO bummed. My husband and I were so proud of her that we took her out for dinner, her choice.
This was the first time she received this award since starting Kindergarten.

I have another busy weekend ahead of me. My grandmother was in the hospital for four weeks and last weekend went to a rehab center. She should be there two weeks and then re evaluation to see if she is capable to go home. ( she has been bed ridden for two years) I am going into visit her on Saturday and Sunday. I haven't seen her in three weeks. Again, another reason the laundry work has been a blessing in disguise.  

I really dislike Florida weather. It's really stinks when it can't decide whether it wants to be cold or warm. We went from low 40's at night, last weekend to high 70's Tuesday through Thursday. Then a front pushed through, brought sprinkly rain and now today dropped back to the 50's in the afternoon. It has created a head cold for me. Hot throat, runny nose, sinus pressure..... ugh.


I usually don't combine memes, but this Friday I'm going for it. It's easier this way since I have a full plate this weekend. Heaven help me.






1. Where do you hide the reeeally good snacks?  Well if I told you, then you might come over and eat them. Then when I go looking for them, they'll be gone. Just kidding. Really good snacks would be home made cookies or chocolate covered ice creams bars. All of which are in the deep freezer in the garage, where the kids never venture to unless given permission. Because once, the freezer was left open and you can figure out the rest.

2. Do u keep your vehicle clean or am I the only one who has things falling out of their van?  I try VERY, VERY hard to keep my van clean. I regularly have it washed and I don't like clutter left in it. No toys, books, food wrappers, left over food (that will never and has never happened) or what such will be allowed to take up residency in my vehicle. I carry a small dust pan and broom and a micro fiber towel to wipe things down. Yes, I am THAT anal.

3. Have you ever been to Vegas? Nope. Can't say that I have.

4. Warm room light blankets or cold room warm snuggly blanket? Cold room with snuggly blanket. I would get a nose bleed in a warm room. I prefer to not run the heat (this is Florida, mind you) unless it drops to the 30's or below outside. So prepare to wear socks, long sleeves and snuggle into a warm, fuzzy blanket at my place.

5. What is the worst airplane/flying experience you've ever had?When Miss K was 14 months old (2004) and I flew home from Colorado after visiting my cousin who had just had her second child. I bought one ticket and had her ride in my lap. Going there was not bad because the plane was half full and she rode in an empty seat next to me. Coming back, it was a full plane, the afternoon (she missed her nap) and she was bouncing off the walls. It didn't help that we almost missed the plane, they had to hook up the gangplank (or whatever that is) so we could board. I'm sure the people on the plane were thinking oh great, a woman with a child held us up. Just great. K was not content to sit in my lap and watch tv, she was wiggling and crying. The guy next to me went to the bathroom a gazillion times and then he stopped coming back until we were descending. I felt horrible and apologized several times. I never have done that again. I will never try and be frugal and pay the consequences.

10 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

While UP Annie was handing out laundry tips, did she happen to mention the really GREAT one about running your towels through TWICE - the first time with JUST white vinegar (at least a cup) and the second time with the regular soap?   That will remove any of that old stale nasty towel smell that can accumulate over time.

I'm just sayin' - - -

Missy | Literal Mom said...

I used to love Friday Fragments.  I forgot about it.  Thanks for the reminder!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

My issue isn't so much washing and drying the laundry as it is folding and putting away... I keep up with the washing during the week and invariably, by the weekend have a mountain of clean laundry piled up somewhere waiting to be folded and put away!

Similar flying experience with The Girl at 11 months.. she screamed from take off to landing.  It was years before I flew without Benadryl ever again!

CrazyKindofMom said...

No, she didn't. But that's a good one that could be quite handy. Thanks!

CrazyKindofMom said...

You're welcome!! :)

CrazyKindofMom said...

Washing IS the easy part. I dislike the sorting part as well as the putting away.

Kristen said...

I am so jealous of your clean car. Just reading that made me jealous. I tried for so long but then with all of the sports and running back and forth...I let the junk overtake the car. Now I only clean it out weekly. Maybe I should use the laundry tip and just clear out a bit each day. It is amazing the mess that can add up!

Kristen said...

I am so jealous of your clean car. Just reading that made me jealous. I tried for so long but then with all of the sports and running back and forth...I let the junk overtake the car. Now I only clean it out weekly. Maybe I should use the laundry tip and just clear out a bit each day. It is amazing the mess that can add up!

Kristen said...

I am so jealous of your clean car. Just reading that made me jealous. I tried for so long but then with all of the sports and running back and forth...I let the junk overtake the car. Now I only clean it out weekly. Maybe I should use the laundry tip and just clear out a bit each day. It is amazing the mess that can add up!

Jdaniel4smom said...

I so need to clean my car. My son has dragged in so much dirt and mud lately.