5.) Write a list of 100 things you want to do before you turn 100. Otherwise known as a “bucket list”.
This is going to take some thought. So here goes nothing.
1. Take a ride on a train to another state. My grandparents did this one year to go to New York.
2. Speaking of New York, I want to go to New York City and see Central Park and Times Square.
3. Celebrate New Year's in Times Square, with my party hat and kazoo and screaming with my hubby "10, 9, 8, 7....."
4. Go horseback riding on a deserted beach in the Bahamas or Jamaica.
5. Go scuba diving in a coral reef and discover the beauties of the underwater deep.
6. Experience deep sea salt water fishing with my husband.
7. Take photography classes at the local state college and learn what I don't know about aperture, lighting and back lighting.
8. Take my kids white water rafting.
9. Go into the mountains and cut down our own Christmas tree and drag it to the truck and drive it home.
10. Fly to France and take a two to three week trip through vineyards, museums, bistros and taste croissants and cheese.
11. Plan a large dinner party of just adult guests of about 20 people dressed to nines complete with butler/maid service.
12. Get a full body massage with hot rocks, oils and steam by the beach.
13. Swim naked in a secluded waterfall in Jamaica.
14. Travel to Africa and see the elephants, lions, hyenas, baboons and tribes in their natural setting.
15. Travel to Kenya to meet my sponsored Compassion child.
16. Sponsor a homeless family and give them a Christmas dinner and presents one year.
17. Remove my wedding dress from the trunk it's stuffed into and have it dry cleaned and stored.
18. Go wine tasting.
19. Visit the Grand Canyon with my children.
20. Buy a horse and take my daughter horseback riding every weekend.
21. Visit a museum of art in a European country.
22. Ride a camel.
23. Swim with dolphins.
24. Watch the Dallas Cowboys play in Texas.
25. Go to California and see LA and Hollywood.
26. Buy a Coach purse and not feel guilty about it.
27. Take my kids to a drive in movie and watch two episodes.
28. Go snowmobiling in Minnesota.
29. Pick apples in a real orchard.
30. Learn to crochet and make a blanket.
31. Plant a full garden of corn, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, potato, pumpkin and squash.
32. Watch the sea turtles come into shore lay eggs and go back to sea.
33. Sing karaoke.
34. Take a ride in a hot air balloon with my husband.
35. Go to the Kentucky Derby, dressed with my fancy clothes, big hat, big sunglasses and bet on the horses.
36. Watch a Broadway show in New York.
37. Get a palm reading from a psychic.
38. Throw a costume Halloween party for adults.
39. Take ballroom dancing classes with my husband.
40. Learn some basic sign language.
41. Run a 5k run for cancer childrens cancer awareness.
42. Volunteer at a soup kitchen for Thanksgiving.
43. Teach my daughter the craziness and fun of going Black Friday shopping all morning and get most of your shopping done in one day.
44. Teach my daughter how to clean house, in one day.
45. Bake a cake, make the icing and decorate it for one of my kid's birthdays.
46. Learn how to put on fake eyelashes, the individual kind.
47. Stop on the side of a highway where there are wild flowers, get on the ground and take photos of my kids amongst them.
48. Drive cross country with the family on a road trip like the good old times.
49. Play a game of chess with my children.
50. Go bird watching.
51. Go on vacation cruise to Mexico.
52. Make an apple pie from scratch.
53. Wear a real bikini again and rock it!
54. Take a canoeing trip down the river.
55. Go para sailing on the beach.
56. Visit a real live dude ranch, go horseback riding and eat by the campfire.
57. Get my teeth professionally whitened.
58. Get my ear pierced in the cartilage again.
59. Play a game of poker for money against my husband's buddies.
60. Read the entire Bible from cover to cover.
61. Dig out my poems and enter them in a contest.
62. Open my time capsule that I made in 1994, my senior year of high school.
63. Renew my wedding vows with my husband on one of our anniversaries.
64. Take a horseback carriage ride at Christmas time.
65. Take the kids trick or treating in a small town community where everyone knows everyone and it's like the good ol days.
66. Try eating a deep fried snicker's bar from the county fair.
67. Make candied apples.
68. Dress the whole family in matching Halloween costumes and go trick or treating.
69. Go shopping in Saks Fifth Ave.
70. Take a tandem sky dive jump.
71. Go on weekend vacation trip to a bed and breakfast with my husband.
72. Take a Disney cruise with my family for a week.
73. Go behind the scenes at Sea World and meet some of the aquatic animals.
74. Buy a boat.
75. Take my kids to see a shuttle launch before they stop doing it.
76. Take a ride in a helicopter.
77. Learn how to make homemade pasta.
78. Buy a bread maker and make my own bread.
79. Take my kids to a saltwater taffy candy store and let them watch the machine stretch the taffy and buy some for them.
80. Learn to ride a tandem bicycle.
81. Take the kids to see the fireworks from the beach.
82. Rent a beach house for a week in the summer in North Florida.
83. Take a trip to Rhode Island to visit my husband's family.
84. Go to Maine, drive to the docks and buy fresh lobster, boil it and eat it.
85. Milk a cow.
86. Roll out a bale a hay in field.
87. Churn butter like they did in the old days.
88. Learn how to ski in the snow.
89. Take an art class and learn how to paint with oil paints.
90. Trace my lineage back to the 1800's.
91. Write a message, put it in a bottle and let it go.
92. Teach my daughter how to sew with a needle and thread and using a sewing machine.
93. Walk through a field of sunflowers.
94. Go rock climbing.
95. Go to Paris, France.
96. Fly to Australia and take a trip down under.
97. Tour a submarine.
98. Take my kids to see Washington DC.
99. Take a trip to Las Vegas to see the lights, casinos and shows.
100. Open my house to a foreign exchange student for a school year.
Whew!! That was harder than I thought it would be. I really wanted to list things that weren't just everyday and when you have to start thinking about things you want to do...well let's just say I almost gave up at #52. Glad I did though. I'd like to see what I accomplish.