Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2012-Realization

I finally watched the movie 2012. How many of you have seen it? I'm sure several of you got to theater to watch it. I don't get to the theater much. You know. I've got two kids.. no time.. no money for a sitter and and extra 40 bucks to blow at the movies.
Anyways. I'm not sure why it is or was a controversial movie. It's some one's idea of the end of the world. The apocalypse. Sooo. If you're really worried, read the Bible. Read Revelations if you want to know what's going to happen. I've studied it. But that's not the point of this post.

It is a movie. It was a pretty good move actually. I enjoyed the heart wrenching parts of the movie. Sure I enjoyed the action but what keeps me in the moment is the people and their relationships. The main character Jackson, played by John Cusack is a divorced writer who takes his two kids to Yellowstone National Park. This is the start of his realization that things he wrote about in his book are starting to happen.
Anyways. Back to my point of this.
So farther into the movie Jackson has his ex-wife Kate, their two kids and her fiance Gordon and they're on their way to getting on one of the "ships" built by the government. Jackson didn't like her fiance but his son Noah has really looked up to him while Jackson has been on hiatus. It clicked for me. This was one of "those" moments. It really spoke to my heart.
I don't believe in divorce. It is something that I would try to avoid at all costs. But I realized that maybe it's not all that horrible. Not all the time. I'm not saying it would be something for me but I think sometimes it makes greater and better families. It's all about relationships.
Here is this guy Gordon who adds a dynamic to these childrens lives. Their father was out of the picture dealing with his own issues and their mother has met this great guy. He treats the kids like his own children. Having kids is something he always wanted. What better to have two kids that like you back that are not biologically yours? I know that lots of blended families don't work that way. My husband's family is broken. One key reason I don't look at divorce as an option. I see what it put him through. It emotionally scars people. Even more so when the new parent ostracizes you.
But I am trying to have a positive outlook on things we cannot control. What works for you may not work for me but it's ok. When the relationships work it shouldn't matter. The more the merrier. Whatever works.

Photobucket

2 comments:

x said...

Tiffany, as a divorced mom, I appreciate your open mindedness and acceptance of those whoa re divorced. -Pippi

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I'm with you on divorce-- I have a few friends whose parents have separated, and, somehow, managed to become better friends in the process. Not everyone is meant to be in love for life. What a great perspective you brought!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom