Thursday, March 11, 2010

Writer's Workshop- Light My Fire

Mama's Losin' It


First of all, I wanted to thank Our Mommyhood for setting up a social calendar with a list a meme's for everyday of the week. If you haven't heard about this new blog I encourage you to check it out after you read my blog carnival today! This one is being held over at Mama Kat's Losin It. After reading mine be sure to head over there to check out what you have to do to participate.
I picked....What lights your fire? Describe five things you are most passionate about.

5. Scrap booking my mother in law gave me a scrapbook kit 6 1/2 years ago when Miss Kay was born. I thought at the time, what a silly gift, I'll never use that. Fast forward 3 1/2 years, one of my friends invites me to an ALL DAY scrapping called National Scrapbook Day. Hook, line and sinker! I'm not sure if it was because I won the raffle that day ( an entire scrap kit worth $150.00 to scrap one year's worth of pictures) or the fact that I could dress up my photos and show my creative side. I LOVE to scrap, now if only I could find the time or the space.

4. Photography without taking a thousand, million pictures I wouldn't have anything to scrap. Before kids I took pictures of my dogs. I took pictures of sunsets, beaches, my niece and nephew, bugs, butterflies. You name it! Now, I pretty much focus, my lens, ( little photography joke) on my kids. Now if only I developed the pictures I take, instead of archiving them on the computer.Then a week before a scrapbook date I have to develop hundreds of photos and pray they make it in time from the developer. One downfall to digital.

3. GOD Each day, with every breath I take I become a firm believer in our Lord and Savior. Yes, I question him daily and know that I won't get the answers by word but only in sign alone. I have to trust my faith that he will take care of me if I give him myself. I thank him everyday for the blessings and hardships he has given me. They are what have shaped and molded me into who I am.

2. Cooking I love to cook,cook, cook, cook. I love to try new recipes and then change them or make my own. I love to bake cookies, cakes, and brownies. My favorite thing to cook with is my crock pot (or some of you call it slow cooker). Definitely invented by some one who is BUSY!! I love how you can throw a bunch of things in it, cook it for several hours and voila!! you have yummy goodness! the best part about the slow cooking is the smell that fills the house. Except when you smell it the next day and the next day. That is when you get out the candles.

1. My children if you read most of my posts they are about my babies. (yes they may not be babes anymore, but even when they're in their 20's they'll still be my babies) I tell my husband quite often that it's their turn now. If we didn't get to do it before they were born, then it'll have to wait. We had our turn at childhood so they are going to get to enjoy theirs. If we can afford it we do it: vacations, Disney, road trips and everything in between. I want my children to have the opportunities that I did not. So if my son wants to play the violin (long story) then so be it and if my daughter wants to sign up for 5 dance classes then sure thing! You are only young once!


Photobucket

0 comments: