Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Working Mom Wednesday


This will be my first time participating in Working Mommy Wednesday hosted by Julia at Work.Wife.Life. This weeks topic is coping with criticism and the question is
How do you cope when people criticize your method?
( JMBerryGirl over at Becoming Briggs is planning to return to work after the baby is born and is receiving lots of negative responses because of that.)

I don't worry about what other people think if I am a working mom. At the end of the day when my kids are fed, bathed and enjoying a bedtime book I know that what I do is worth it. My children still get quality time from me on my days off and after work. I get home early enough every evening to be able to cook my children a good meal and not be forced to pick up fast food. If I didn't work they wouldn't have the opportunity to get involved in extracurricular activities because I wouldn't be able to afford them. Each mom chooses what is best for their lifestyle they want or what circumstance they have to deal with. Being a full time working mom is what I choose to be today and tomorrow.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Julia Ladewski said...

well said!! i just can't believe some people would criticize someone for choosing to work!! life is so different now than it was "back then". moms just need to get along!@

Adrienne said...

amen!

sweetjeanette said...

Hey!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on my SITS day yesterday - and y our sweet comment on my sister blog "RealWomenEat.blogspot.com" !
To answer your question Im in central Florida too, only on the west coast. (Tampa Bay).
Oh, if you return to the realwomeneat blog today, you'll find the recipe for that "sinkhole pie" I talked about!

jeanette
(sweetjeanette)

Lisa said...

So true! If we only had one income, we would be able to do nothing besides sleep and eat in our house!

So glad that you found SITS! It is a great way to find other bloggers that you can mingle with and also to get your blog out there :-)

Thanks for being such a loyal reader over at my place!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! =) Many of our reasons are the same. THose extracurriculars are very important to my family too!