Friday, May 7, 2010

Aloha Friday

Aloha Friday Slippahs Pictures, Images and Photos



Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday hosted by An Island Life. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too.
My question for today is:
If you children are at the age to have friends come over, what are your rules on weekdays for friend visits?

My daughter who is 6 has a neighborhood friend who is 5. When they became friends they used to play outside in front of my house or the other child's house. Then they started playing at the other child's house and now everyday this child comes knocking at our door. If I tell her that my daughter can play but only outside in the backyard, she some how tries to get my daughter to play indoors. I am not a fan of this because it usually results in said child trying to "borrow" a toy or the room in a mess. It is getting to the point where I don't even want my daughter playing with this child anymore. I'm not sure what to do.
Photobucket

7 comments:

We 2 Bees said...

We don't do play dates. It's sad but I am so busy that we really don't have kids come over. Our street has a few kids that are around the same age, but we aren't outside when they are much! So... sorry I don't have any help!

I am Harriet said...

It really depended for my kids on homework etc.
Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/2322/

Night Owl Mama said...

Lighten up. THey are kids. They play they make a mess and they need to learn how to clean it up before she goes home. You don't want your child to go with out friends. Let them be kids.

If it's nice out then they should play out. I too only let them come in if the weather is too hot or too cold or raining.

Catherine L. said...

I don't have any kid yet but I suggest setting rules for when the kids play indoors. When my nieces, nephews, god kids and their friends come over I let them know no one leaves until the mess is clean. If you have to call the girls mom and say "I know it's time for her to come home, but the girls need to clean up their mess first" do it. I'm sure her parents will understand.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

My son can go outside and play whenever (he is almost 9). During the week we don't usually have friend over...between homework, going to bed early & dinner...not enough time.

beingzaraandzidan said...

wow~! I got u from MBC, I like ur blog & ur kids are cute! Do visit me if u get a chance. I am sure following u & hope u do too. Its nice to make new blogger friends.

Susan Cook said...

We were having a prob. with a neighborhood kid. She was coming everyday to play with my daughter. My daughter is like 3 yrs. older then her. At first it was fine.

But then I found out the girl was hitting my kids, and trying to ruin some of their toys and also swearing.

I can not put up with any of that. So the next day when she came we told her, that she can not play here anymore until she changes her attitude. We haven't seen her since.

I don't know if that was just TMI, but the point is you should do whatever you feel is right for your kids. In my opinion anyway.