Sunday, May 23, 2010

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday a blog carnival created by McKMama. You can head over to her blog and read what she and everyone else has not been doing this week after you read mine. I haven't written one of these in awhile, but after this weekend I confess that there are quite a few things that I have not been doing.

I did not check my phone several times on the seven plus hour drive to Pensacola and kill the battery and I did not blow the fuse in my mom's car when I tried to plug in my car charger.

After eating a full sized dinner at Sonny's BBQ I did not drive over to a Starbuck's Coffee and get a Venti Cafe Vanilla Frappucino with 2 extra shots of coffee flavor. I never indulge in that many calories in an hour. Nope, not me!

I did not let the kids stay up late the first night at the hotel after arriving at our destination at 11pm. I would never allow them to do that. Nope, not this mom!
I am an organized mom. I always have a prepacked bag with enough swim diapers, floaties and change of clothing in case of an emergency when going swimming. I would never forget all those items and be forced to leave a birthday party to drive around a town aimlessly to find a particular type of floaties. I am not that anal and am always willing to settle for second best.

I always make sure that my kids eat a nutritional meal at a respectable time. I would never pick up McDonald's at 9:00pm after my child consumed birthday cake and a hot dog at 5pm. I never let them eat fast food that late. Not me!

I did not sit on the floor in a hotel laundry room at 10 o'clock at night with my kids waiting on laundry we decided to wash last minute to avoid dirty clothes for our trip back home. Nope, not me! I am not that crazy.

I did not fall asleep at my brother's house while my sister in law and nephew opened up his birthday presents today ( the day after his party) because my stomach was in a lot of pain. Not me, I am better at holding myself together and don't give in to my aches.

I did not ask my husband to wash some laundry for me at home, while I am out of town so I won't have to have that to deal with when I get back Monday night. Not me! I never ask anyone to do my chores.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Shell said...

Well, I figure that all routines and rules go out the window when you're on vacation. ;)

PeaceLoveHappiness said...

Good call asking for some laundry to get done before you get home!