Friday, May 21, 2010

Mission Monkey Day



Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday hosted by an Island Life.
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too.

Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

My question is:
Where is your dream vacation and who would you take with you?

My answer:
I would go to Europe and visit many of the countries that I have talked about. I want to see the Eiffel Tower in France, experience eating on sidewalk cafes, tour vineyards and see
historical churches and buildings. I would also like to go to Spain because my
dad was stationed there when he was in the Air Force and my oldest brother was born there.
I also want to see Scotland and Ireland because I have ancestral roots there as well
as Germany. I would most definitely take my husband and kids as well as my parents.



Hello blog-world! I am participating in what's known around the world as Mission Monkey day! What is Mission Monkey you ask? Well, there's this blogger friend of ours known as Pixie Momma, aka Michelle. Michelle has a little girl, or Monkey as she's known by who was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. To learn more about it, click here. Monkey is a sweet little 16 month old girl. She doesn't deserve this. Nobody deserves this.

But the good news is that Monkey only has Stage 1 (low risk). The bad news is the medical bills are mounting and the Physical Therapy (starts today) isn't covered by insurance. Michelle is using the donated money to offset medical bills. She will donate and unused portion to another family dealing with the same issue.

This is why the blogging universe is banning together like never before to rally around Michelle and Monkey to provide support. In addition to further entice you to lend your hand, and donate to the cause, we have over 50 items that have been donated. Many bloggers are hosting these fabulous giveaways and all you need to win one of these items is just one raffle ticket.

Here are just a few of the Donation pages:
Princess of Sarcasm
The One and Only Oka
SupahMommy


You may donate any amount of money via PayPal as it's linked directly to Michelle's bank account. However, in order to be a part of the raffle, this is how that's going to go.

I'm back again with New Friend Friday with The Girl Creative! Hoping to meet
some new friends! Hope you all check out my Mission above!


The Girl Creative



Photobucket

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Tiffany! I'm here from New Friend Friday! Nice to meet you!
My dream vacation is anywhere tropical...not too commercialized..with my husband. Next year, we'll celebrate 20 years, so hopefully, we'll get to go then.
Now I'm going to go check out Monkey Mission!
Happy Weekend!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I've always wanted to escape with my husband and go to the east coast. Maybe New Hampshire or Maine, stay in a beautiful little bed and breakfast, eat good food, go on romantic walks. Just disappear from the world for just a little while.

Susan Cook said...

My dream vacation is Arizona. I want to go see the Grand Canyon. My Mom had been there several times, and really loved Arizona. Someday I def. want to go there. I'd take my husband & kids!

Auntie E said...

Hawaii and my hubby.
My Friday link for you

schnider_am said...

I would love to go to Sweden or Italy and I would take my hubby and maybe the kiddos.

janetfaye said...

I would love to visit Hawaii and take my hubby with me.

http://grammyjanetsplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/aloha-friday-23.html

Twincerely,Olga said...

The carribean and /or Hawaii!I would take my fam!Aloha