Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Novel: Writer's Workshop

Inspired by Mama Kat's Losin It, I am linking up Writer's Workshop.

For this week's writer's workshop, I chose prompt #4:
What 'chapters of your life' would there be? Make a list of your life's chapters. Choose one. Write five possible opening sentences to that chapter. Then write five possible ending sentences to that chapter.


Chapter 1- The Adolescent Years (Ages 5-11)
Chapter 2- Middle School- Ms Popularity?
Chapter 3- Freshman Fallout
Chapter 4- I Can See Clearly Now..
Chapter 5- Senior Moments
Chapter 6- College Crash Course
Chapter 7- Changing Lanes
Chapter 8- Break Up
Chapter 9- Working 9-5
Chapter 10- Wedding Bells are Ringing
Chapter 11- Baby Makes Three
Chapter 12- Grass is Greener on the Other Side
Chapter 13- It's a Boy!
Chapter 14- Where Do we Go Now?

Chapter 4-
Possible Opening Sentences
1. Moving right along in the fast lane of high school drama.

2. Who needs friends anyways.

3. I should have known better and kept my mouth shut about my personal life.

4. If only my parent's had sent me to live with my grandparents.

5. In only two years time, I grew up pretty quickly.

Possible Ending Sentences
1. I can't believe this will be my last year of school.

2. I have enjoyed the best summer of my life.

3. If only I had become more involved in my school extra- curricular activities sooner.

4. I am glad I said goodbye to Yearbook Staff, that would have ruined my summer vacation.

5. Class of 1994 here I come!





Mama's Losin' It


Photobucket

3 comments:

Angie said...

Fun post! I like "Who needs friends, anyway," as an opening to Chapter 4. Oh, the places you could go! I like that the chapter titles give you an idea of where the story would head. This prompt intimidated me--glad you did it!

KatBouska said...

I dread going through high school all over again with my kids. It can be so brutal.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the way you did that. Stopping by from Mama kat's